none
how to remove over allocated resource in project professional 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to MPP 2010, as I have admin access got some problem with one project. The project has reached finish date(august 2013) and the remaining work is zero, but still the task is not getting complete because of constraint "The task has resource assigned which is over allocated".  since the resources have submitted time sheet i'm not sure if I make any changes in MPP now it  will affect the data in the Reports.

Please can anyone suggest on this.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 5:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Chaishashi,

The fact that the resource is overallocated should not stop the task being completed.  What is the %complete and the %work complete on the task?  Are you able to share a screen shot of your issue?

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:48 AM
  • Hi Ben,

The problem is remaining work is zero and the task end date is DEC 2013, but the % complete for some sub tasks has become less from last few moths and hence the main task is just 97% complete. We tried to make all the sub tasks as 100% complete and  publish the proj, it will be fine for 2-3 days again the tasks are getting open. Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:44 AM