App v package distribution issue to sccm 2012 DP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are migrating app-v 4.6 packages to sccm 2012 , after importing the packages when we update DP its not copying the dependent scripts inside the appv package to Dp and hence when application launches it fails to launch the vb script.

the script is made to run when shortcut is launched, but no vb script is copied to DP , but I have all files intact in source folder iyt just copies .sprj,xml,osd.

Please suggest how to make all the files in package abcd.001 to get copied in DP.

Does App-v package distribution is different from normal package.

Thanks
    Shuaib

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• When you say the vbscript inside the appv package, you do mean that it's stored in the Virtual File System or do you mean that the vbscript was in the applications folder on the Content Share and called from there?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 2:59 PM
  • its stored in application folder on content share like abcd.001\abcd.xml,abcd.sft,vbscript.vbs this is not getting copied to DP.

this vbscript is called in osd as pre-launch script and when shortcut is launched it fails as the vbscript is not getting copied to DP and then to Machine,

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:04 PM
  • I believe, If you are importing as an App-V Package then the vbscript isn't part of the actual package that SCCM is looking at. You will need to replicate the vbscript seperately. For future consideration, it's better to store the script inside the actual VFS and call it pre-launch.

If you are having issues with the replication, it may be a better idea to ask the Config Man guys on their forum. It doesn't seem like an actual App-V issue or limitation.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Thanks, yes that's the problem I believe,

can I copy paste the script content inside the osd ? will it run from osd instead of me calling externally the .vbs file.

please specify the format how the script should be embedded inside the vbscript.

Thanks
    Shuaib

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:36 PM
  • Open up the app in the sequencer, add the file to your scripts folder. If the script requires to be run elevated, you'll want to use the Deployment config file and use Global publishing....

If you don't need elevation you can use the User Config and won't need to publish globally.

Fore more info and some examples, check this out:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2012/12/10/scripting-and-embedded-scripting-for-appv-5-0-dynamic-deployment-and-user-configuration-scripting.aspx

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:09 PM