Bootstrap changes, new USB update? RRS feed

• Question

• In my previous version of MDT, my Bootstrap file would auto-populate username, password and domain when deploying images. With the newest version, Update 2, I get prompted for the Username. Password and Domain are pre-filled in.

I believe it has changed to UserID now. If I change that in my Bootstrap file, and update the Share, will I have to update my USB key, or will it just see the change? I just updated everyone's USB to allow UEFI booting. I won't bother with this change if I have to give everyone new USB drives yet again.

Thanks

Thursday, July 6, 2017 4:08 PM

Answers

• There are three scenarios when you need to update WinPE.

* If you install a new version of the ADK, you should update your WinPE images

* If you added a new driver for use within WinPE, you should update your WinPE images.

* If you made any changes to the bootstrap.ini file, you should update your WinPE images.

Of course, once you update your boot images (litetouchPE_x86.wim) you should also update all devices that use the winpe image, like your USB boot, DVD, and WDS/PXE sources

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, July 7, 2017 5:28 PM

All replies

• There are three scenarios when you need to update WinPE.

* If you install a new version of the ADK, you should update your WinPE images

* If you added a new driver for use within WinPE, you should update your WinPE images.

* If you made any changes to the bootstrap.ini file, you should update your WinPE images.

Of course, once you update your boot images (litetouchPE_x86.wim) you should also update all devices that use the winpe image, like your USB boot, DVD, and WDS/PXE sources

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, July 7, 2017 5:28 PM
  • Thanks. That confirms what I had understood. Rather than mess with that until another big change, we will continue to type in the User name. I guess at one time it had been "username=" and now it is "UserID=".
    Friday, July 7, 2017 5:48 PM