Email showing up on Mobile device then disappearing RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a few different users report a mail will show up on there phone, when they go to open the mail it disappears and never shows up in their outlook inbox at all. Message tracking confirms the messge was deleivered to there inbox but can not be found anywhere in the inbox deleted items or anywhere else. I have 1 user in particuliar this happening to quite frequently. Any ideas?

Exchange 2010

Friday, October 21, 2011 7:13 PM

Answers

• No not in junk I have looked everywhere the only mention on the email is in message tracking and is no where to be found anywhere else.

IN message tracking, is there anything listed under REcipient Status for the messages for the Store Driver Delivery Event?

ALso, check the REcover Deleted Items option and see if the messages are recoverable.

• Marked as answer by BrueNET Monday, October 24, 2011 1:41 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 7:46 PM

All replies

• Not in Junk Mail?

Friday, October 21, 2011 7:20 PM
  • Hi

1. Check the OWA / device options if its set to show only unread messages( view option in top panel ),if so change the options

2. Check if  Outlook is open & default location is pointed to PST at same time, if so close outlook

2. Check configuring their Mail in Outlook & verify if the old mails exist.

3. Verify the Rules are not causing this.

Sumesh

• Proposed as answer by sumesh vasu Friday, October 21, 2011 7:23 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 7:23 PM
  • No not in junk I have looked everywhere the only mention on the email is in message tracking and is no where to be found anywhere else.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 7:35 PM
  • I have verified no rules are setup.  The emails appear briefly on the device then disappear. They never show up in outlook at all.

1. Check the OWA / device options if its set to show only unread messages( view option in top panel ),if so change the options

When you say OWA/Device options?  In the phone or in OWA? Which options?

2. Check if  Outlook is open & default location is pointed to PST at same time, if so close outlook

Explain this further? Default location point to PST? What?

• Marked as answer by BrueNET Friday, October 21, 2011 8:43 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by BrueNET Monday, October 24, 2011 1:40 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 7:37 PM
  • 1. Open OWA & verify the View options

2. Default location for mail , you can keep PST  or mailbox itself, if you have PST as default location, all mails will be downloaded to PST inbox automatically & thus it won't be available in Mailbox for user.

hope that clarifies.

Friday, October 21, 2011 7:41 PM

IN message tracking, is there anything listed under REcipient Status for the messages for the Store Driver Delivery Event?

ALso, check the REcover Deleted Items option and see if the messages are recoverable.

• Marked as answer by BrueNET Monday, October 24, 2011 1:41 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 7:46 PM
  • I found the email in his deleted recovery items. Any idea what could me moving them in their. The only rule setup is the clear categories rule.
    • Proposed as answer by Benny Chargers Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:54 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Benny Chargers Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:54 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 1:41 PM
  • Could be the mobile device is deleting them. I would turn it off and see if it continues.

Could also be a bad rule that you cant see. Try starting Outlook with the /cleanrules switch and see if that fixes it.

Monday, October 24, 2011 1:59 PM
  • I am having the exact same issue, did you ever find a fix? I'm terrified as I have a 150 remote users, this could be a nightmare situation. 

Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:54 AM