none
DPM 2010 Long Term Storage to Tape and Recovery Points RRS feed

• Question

• We need to store data for seven years. I would not want to use storage space to store seven years of Recovery Points. Can we create a recovery point as needed, say for data that is several years old, but that we only have several recent months of recovery points?

Lisa Kerr

Friday, July 6, 2012 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, it almost sounds like you want to archive old data based on last modified date that is sitting on disk and copying it to tape ?  If that is the question, DPM has no provision of only backing up certain files based on any time stamps.  DPM long term tape protection always does a full backup from the last disk based recovery point, and you specify how long you want to keep the tape before expiring the recovery point on tape. 

If I misunderstood the question, please clarify.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 1:49 PM