Downloads folder RRS feed

• Question

• So, for no apparent reason my PC has to decided to stop allowing me to save email attachments in my DOWNLOADS folder?  This also goes for saving ie. Google images etc (in the same folder?)

I've tried deleting the files in the Download folder (successfully) and deleting my browser history too - but to no avail...

ALSO (& not sure if its related)  but all the icons on my Google bookmark bar have been replaced with generic page icons with the text next to them?

Can you help?

Thursday, December 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hello Jezcook,

If my understanding is right, you can’t save email attachment and save images from Internet Explorer and Google chrome to Downloads folder. Do you mean the folder C:\Users\(Username)\Downloads?

We could open View Downloads from the Internet Explorer, and then click Options and check if we have change the default download location.

If we have changed the default location, please check if the attachments are in the new default location.

Do you receive any error message?
    Can you please check if we can copy files to the folder you mentioned?

If you have permission error message about the folder, please take a look at the following article about permission list.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732880.aspx

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by FangZhou Chen Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:57 AM
    Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:04 PM