Auto-reply to SMS text message? RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up an Exchange account that is going to be used for people to send questions to via text message. I would like the auto-reply message to be delivered to all senders, whether they're using email or SMS text message. Is this possible? So far, my testing has not worked. When I send a text message, it is delivered to the Exchange account but no auto-reply message is sent back. When I send an email to the account, the auto-reply message is sent back correctly.
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 6:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my knowledge, OOF should be designed for the email message so the SMS Text Message will not trigger it, by now I am still researching on the reason why the SMS Text Message cannot work with OOF, will let you know if there is any update.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 9:52 AM
  • Thanks Manu! I am using the Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration in PowerShell for the Exchange account.
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:51 PM
  • I have now tried using T-Mobile, AT&T and Tracfone, and the auto-reply message is not sent. If I send a message to the account with an Exchange email address, the auto-reply message is sent right away.
    Friday, September 21, 2018 3:06 PM
  • Manu, any updates on this? Thanks!

Friday, October 5, 2018 6:22 PM