none
Parameters for Software Metering Report subscription

Question

• Hello

I am trying to create a new subscription to the "Users that have run a specific metered software program" report under Software Metering in SCCM. In the subscription I would like it to send me the detail of the users who have ran this specific software in the last month. I can then run this once a month and receive a report. When I create the subscription, I have to manually select with month/year I would like so when this automatically runs, it would select the same information each time. 

Is there anyway I can either amend the report or the subscription to achieve what I need?

Thank you

Friday, April 21, 2017 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hello

I am trying to create a new subscription to the "Users that have run a specific metered software program" report under Software Metering in SCCM. In the subscription I would like it to send me the detail of the users who have ran this specific software in the last month. I can then run this once a month and receive a report. When I create the subscription, I have to manually select with month/year I would like so when this automatically runs, it would select the same information each time. 

Is there anyway I can either amend the report or the subscription to achieve what I need?

Thank you

Yes, You can clone the report and edit the prompts to achieve your goal.

Garth Jones

Blog: http://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/default.aspx

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleased

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:12 PM
  • I understand I can edit the report - however I require assistance in actually what I need to edit. 

Do I need to create a new data set, or can I somehow change what is already there?

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:27 PM
  • Hi, you can look into the existing report queries running behind, make use of the related tables being used (without RBAC) and then write your own query and then use this query to create your own report.

You don't need TimeKey now. Add a filter on mus.lastUsage to last month data. For example,

where DATEPART(m, LastUsage) = DATEPART(m, DATEADD(m, -1, getdate()))
    AND DATEPART(yyyy, LastUsage) = DATEPART(yyyy, DATEADD(m, -1, getdate())) 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:16 AM