An issue with active directory domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, how to fix this issue

• Moved by nzpcmad1 Monday, March 19, 2018 8:09 AM From ADFS
    Monday, March 19, 2018 4:33 AM

All replies

• If this is the first domain controller in the domain, then the local Administrator account on this computer must have a password that meets the complexity requirements. The fix is to change the password for the local administrator user on the computer.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, March 19, 2018 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

You have to change the current administrator password with more complexity with alpha numerical and special characters in it.

Thanks

Syed

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

Monday, March 19, 2018 10:38 AM
  • If this is your first Domain controller you are going to promote, Please use Password Complexity for Administrator account. Your local administrator account also...

Use LowerCase/Upper case letters, Numbers, Symbols together for Admin password

Monday, March 19, 2018 11:13 AM
  • > Use LowerCase/Upper case letters, Numbers, Symbols together for Admin password

No. Use plain ASCII, easy to remember words. But use a looooong password, and make sure you use a combination of words that nobody would ever use :-)

Monday, March 19, 2018 1:48 PM
  • As mentioned above, the local admin account password does not meet the minimum password requirements so you should fix that first. For the list of the requirements, you can check on them here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/80fbdb20-b3da-4df6-a56a-52cbd298d54f/unable-to-complete-dcpromo-password-does-not-meet-complexity?forum=winserversetup

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:54 AM
  • How do I change the password I tried many complex passwords and did not work?
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:38 AM
  • Hi,

Complexity requirements:

Must be at least 6 characters in length (this is overwritten by the minimum password length if the minimum password length is more than 6. ) It must contain at least one character from three of the following four categories: English upper case (A to Z), English lowercase (a through z) A numerical digit (0 through 9), non alphabetical characters such as $ % #)

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:37 AM
  • I did like what you write but did not work
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

Seems very strange.

As a backup method, I would suggest you disable group policy setting "Password must meet complexity requirements", then try to prompt the server as DC again.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

You can follow the below thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d1cece29-3faf-4563-8095-c6edcc07ede6/having-error-in-configuring-domain-in-windows-server-2012?forum=winserversetup

Thanks

Syed

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Friday, March 23, 2018 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

William

Friday, March 23, 2018 1:28 PM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark useful reply as answer, which would be much more efficient for other forum community members to find useful information.

Best Regards,

William

Monday, March 26, 2018 9:35 AM
  • no not resolved yet 

can you help me?

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:01 AM