Setting up Single server FCS deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm having difficulties in installing FFS Client edition in a single server environment here's the configuration of my server:

Windows Server 2003 Std R2 SP2
    SQL Server 2005 Std SP2

during the initial setup, i select all of the server role and then specifying the same machine for the database setup.

i also created DOMAIN\FCSAdmin domain username to control the DAS role.

this server also runs WSUS on port 8530

any idea would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

/* Support Engineer */
    Friday, December 12, 2008 5:18 AM

Answers

• If you are using WSUS 3.0+ do not install the Distribution server component as it is not required.  The Distribution component is specifically for WSUS 2.0 installs that did not have the ability to sync more frequently then 1x per day.  Just go into WSUS 3.0 and set it to sync every hour.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:13 PM

All replies

• i got error in the

Completing the Setup Wizard

Distribution server component
    Configures Distribution Server Component

[12/12/2008 4:05:59 PM] Task(Configures Distribution Server Component)
    Distribution server configuration failed with the following warning: SqlException. The most likely cause is that you do not have permission to use WSUS objects.Number of tasks completed: [12/12/2008 4:05:59 PM]

/* Support Engineer */
    Friday, December 12, 2008 5:21 AM
  • If you are using WSUS 3.0+ do not install the Distribution server component as it is not required.  The Distribution component is specifically for WSUS 2.0 installs that did not have the ability to sync more frequently then 1x per day.  Just go into WSUS 3.0 and set it to sync every hour.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Kurt,

thanks for the reply.

the server that I'm going to install FCS, already got WSUS 3.0 SP1 server installation.

Cheers.

AWT

/* Support Engineer */
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 3:12 AM