how to recover corrupted or damaged word documents? RRS feed

• Question

• good evening,

my colleague damaged his laptop... (actually he somehow launched factory recovery tool on his laptop)....

i recovered with recovery software some deleted files, unfortunately some of them are damaged or corrupted.

how i can "heal" this files?

any ideas?

Saturday, July 17, 2010 9:55 PM

Answers

• You probably cannot. Recovery tools tend to overwrite the data on the disc with the new data from the recovery leading to only partial recovery of the required date subsequently. Your colleague will either have to restore from his backup files or learn a valuable lesson.

<Con Stantine> wrote in message news:42dee14e-547b-4431-aeaa-cf17a9924e95@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

good evening,

my colleague damaged his laptop... (actually he somehow launched factory recovery tool on his laptop)....

i recovered with recovery software some deleted files, unfortunately some of them are damaged or corrupted.

any ideas?

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    • Marked as answer by Con Stantine Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:02 AM
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:24 AM

All replies

• You probably cannot. Recovery tools tend to overwrite the data on the disc with the new data from the recovery leading to only partial recovery of the required date subsequently. Your colleague will either have to restore from his backup files or learn a valuable lesson.

<Con Stantine> wrote in message news:42dee14e-547b-4431-aeaa-cf17a9924e95@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

good evening,

i recovered with recovery software some deleted files, unfortunately some of them are damaged or corrupted.

any ideas?

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    • Marked as answer by Con Stantine Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:02 AM
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 5:24 AM
  • thanks bro...
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:02 AM
  • Open corrupt Word DOCX files and possibly recover formatting too. Need to repair or fix a damage Word document?  Word Recovery attempts to fix document.xml files by identifying.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:34 AM