FCS Policy RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have reinstalled the Forefront Client Security environment from scratch due to tons of isues with the previous installation.

What is the best way to get back the policies? are they in the backup in a specila file/table?

Should I recreate them from scratch?

Or is it possible to retrieve from the Clients not updated by any new policy the old content?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Friday, January 4, 2013 12:56 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, we cannot export the old settings in the group policy and use these settings to create new policy in FCS admin console. If you have a backup of the previous OnePoint database prior to uninstall, Microsoft CSS might be able to assist you but you would need to open a support incident.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Monday, January 7, 2013 2:24 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, we cannot export the old settings in the group policy and use these settings to create new policy in FCS admin console. If you have a backup of the previous OnePoint database prior to uninstall, Microsoft CSS might be able to assist you but you would need to open a support incident.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Monday, January 7, 2013 2:24 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 6:14 AM
  • Dom,

I can help you with this. Open a support incident with Microsoft CSS and I'll be happy to cover the options for restoring your previous policies.

Microsoft Professional Support: 1-800-936-4900

Thanks!

~Andrew Davis

Andrew Davis | Sr. Technical Lead | CSS Security

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:50 AM