• Question

• Hi All,

Below steps completed:

• Created new group in PWA
    • Added My Task Category to group with Team Member Template permissions
    • Added Team Member template global permissions to group
    • Saved and checked group settings
    • Set AD Sync with AD Group containing user accounts
    • User Accounts created successfully as per the group membership with no errors
    • Ran resource synchronization task to create resources from users
    • Checked permissions and user accounts are missing both the My Tasks Category and the Global permissions for the group
    • Checked the group and the permissions are still set there and the users are showing as members of the group.

So the user accounts are getting created successfully from AD through the Group Synchronization task but they are not inheriting any of the permissions or Categories that are assigned to the group.

Thoughts???

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:39 PM

All replies

• Did you sync ERP with AD?

Do you see users in Manage Users page?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Hey,

Yeah sync'd the Resource pool with a separate AD group containing the same users.

All the AD users are being added successfully into PWA and are also getting assigned as resources when you run ERP and are members of the groups but none of the categories or the global permissions assigned to that group are getting set on the user in PWA. 

So basically the user is getting setup but has blank permissions and no categories assigned.

I even tried adding a user manually and the same issue occurred so it looks to be internal to PWA rather than an AD syncing issue.

Thanks,

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:56 PM