none
IE6 font size changed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I got a problem with IE6.
    I set the IE's browser's font size as smallest,then I click a file download button, after the windows standard download dialog appears.The IE6's font size is changed from smallest to medium, but the controllers' position and size are not changed.And sometimes the font size is changed from largest to smallest, the controller's position and size are remained.
    It can works correctly in IE8.

Could you please tell me how to resolve this problem?

The OS is Windows XP SP3.
    IE6 's version is 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647CO

The page is a production of our company, the pages are using CSS,
    The css source is as blew:
    .TableCellText {font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;background-color:#f7f7e7;color:#000000;vertical-align:baseline}
    .DataText {font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;color:#000000}

The steps of my operations are as follows:
    1.Open an IE6,set the IE browser's font size as smallest(or largest).
    2.Open the project's page,  and press a button to download a file,
    3.The windows standard download dialog appears, at this moment the IE6's font size is changed to medium.but the controller's position and size are not changed, so some of the words can't be displayed totally.

It seems like the IE6 browser remembers a default font size.Sometimes I run the pages with the IE's font size as smallest, and the font size is not changed to medium when the page refreshed.
    But if I change the IE's font size to biggest, the font size will change to smallest after the page reloaded.So it seems like the IE at that moment has its default font size as smallest.

Sometimes, I set the IE's font size as largest, when I click the hyperlinks in the page, the link words' font size are changed to as small as it displayed in IE with smallest font size.

I wonder if this problem is a little problem of IE6, and how can I avoid this problem, btw, I can't  select the IE6's Ignore font sizes specified on webpages box.It's a production of company, we can't suggest the customers to ignore the font sizes we have defined for them.

Best Regards

Monday, November 21, 2011 1:41 AM

Answers

• The page is a production of our company, the pages are using CSS,
    The css source is as blew:
    .TableCellText {font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;background-color:#f7f7e7;color:#000000;vertical-align:baseline}
    .DataText {font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;font-weight:bold;color:#000000}

I suggest you ask this question in IE Web Development forum http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:58 AM