How do you change the default behavior for the Lock Aspect Ratio button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Word 2010. For some reason, the Lock aspect ratio checkbox is turned OFF by default. That really doesn't make sense. If you are resizing images using the Width and Height text fields you usually always want them to size proportionately.

I have many, many documents filled with images to resize and I have to keep checking the box ON for every individual picture! It would at least help if the ratio checkbox was on the ribbon next to the Width and Height text fields so you don't have to keep clicking the Size properties option.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn this option on by default?

Please help!

Thank you.

Friday, April 5, 2013 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Tebett,

I looked at Word 2007 and I don't find any default switch setting, but I'm not near a 2010 machine today. Something you might try is after doing the next one, save the file, close and quit Word completely and then reopen it. I'm wondering if the setting is not being applied to your user preference until you close Word.

If you're having to do this on a whole bunch of images in document you might consider taking a look at a bundle of add-in apps called the zAPPs-apps Collection. There's about 14 different apps in it and one does image resizing in Word documents. With full disclosure, it's sold by my company. You can try it for free and who knows, maybe you can get the whole project done just within the free trial period.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Friday, April 5, 2013 7:39 PM
  • Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your help.

I did try clicking on your link, but it displays Page Not Found.

Is there anyone from Microsoft that can explain the logic of why the Lock aspect ratio checkbox is unchecked by default??

Saturday, April 6, 2013 1:47 PM
  • I corrected the hyperlink. It seems to work now.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Saturday, April 6, 2013 2:03 PM