none
Time Intelligence post formula RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Month+3:Month+12 is de formulae im using. It is displaying from Sept to June.Since dis is June im getting data from Sept.I want it to display starting with Sept month only always(Irrespective of de current month or de month im selecting in de calendar).

Can i knw if it is possible,if yes, formulae plz.

Help needed very badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:53 PM

Answers

• Depending on when your fiscal year starts you could use the FirstMonth function. This would ensure that you're starting from a fixed month irrespective of the month selected. e.g. Year.FirstMonth + 2 : Year.FirstMonth + 6. If your fiscal year starts in July this TI formula would give you Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec.

Cheers,

Nick

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:52 PM

All replies

• Depending on when your fiscal year starts you could use the FirstMonth function. This would ensure that you're starting from a fixed month irrespective of the month selected. e.g. Year.FirstMonth + 2 : Year.FirstMonth + 6. If your fiscal year starts in July this TI formula would give you Sep, Oct, Nov & Dec.

Cheers,

Nick

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:52 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Thanks.Reply was very helpfull.

I ve an other use, in Time Intelligence post formula.The calender defaults to calender year(Jan to Dec).But my FY is 4m Sept to August.

If im in FY 2008,it has to display data only 4m Sept to August 2008.But wen i click on October 2008,it adds dis month n displays data.I dnt want dis 2 happen.Were as, I want it to move on to de next financial year 2009.As Oct 2008 belongs to FY2009.How do I set de calender to work dis way.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:20 AM
  • The answer should be closely related to the time dimension hierarchy you have defined in the time section of your data source. The financial year / quarter / month configurations you have set up in this dimension determine which member is brought back when you use STPS functions like FirstMonth, LastQuarter etc. Have you set up your time hierarchy so that October is the first month of the financial year?

HTH,

Nick

Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

My FY is 4m Sept2006 to August2007(Any yr 4 dat case). I ve selected Hierarchy level as Month,

Reference Date:9/1/2006,etc & in de dashboard designer(Filter Link) im giving Year.Firstmonth:Year.lastMonth.

Dis is displaying data from Sept2006 to August2007. Wen im clicking on Sept 2007, it has to move on 2 de next financial year, but it displays Sept 2007 along with sept2006 to august2007.Similarly if i click on Dec2007, it has 2 again move on to de next FY wen previewing, but it is adding on to de same FY n displaying data.As sept or dec2007 belongs to 2007 calender. 

De calender dat is getting displayed wen previewing in dashboard is taking de calender year but not de financial i think.The calender in de time dimension is set from Sept to August n not Jan to dec. Even den im facing dis problem.

Can i Knw de solution,Plz?

Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:54 AM
  • Are you using the Financial user-defined hierarchy in the time intelligence configuration section of your data source? Has this user-defined hierarchy been configured to organise your financial months / years according to your requirements?

Nick

Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:04 AM
  • Hi Nick,

Im using User-Defined hierarchy only(which can b drilled dwn 4m year to month).  If ur talking abt te configration of time in te datasource(Time Tab) of te dashboard ten,s i ve done it.Im using a report for te dashboard.

Hope tis wat u ve asked me.

Regards,

Divya

Monday, June 30, 2008 8:57 AM
  • But does the hierarchy you're using have September as the first month of the financial year?

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, the calender is set 4m sept to august!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:14 PM
  • Can any1 help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:33 AM