Admin notifications within outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I get the following admin notifications bar within my outlook but my manager does not. Is there anything specifically that we would need to do so that he sees these as well? We are both 365 Global admins..

Outlook Admin Notifications

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hi David ,

According to your screenshots, it seems that you are using Outlook 365 desktop client. So what's the version of your Outlook 365? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). 

I tested a lot in my environment Version 2005(Build 12827.20538) but could not get the Admin Notifications as well. Also, I did some search but could not find any official document explain this feature. Here is some information I found on the Internet, for your reference: Outlook’s Notification Pane for Office 365 Incidents.
    (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi David ,

According to your screenshots, it seems that you are using Outlook 365 desktop client. So what's the version of your Outlook 365? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). 

I tested a lot in my environment Version 2005(Build 12827.20538) but could not get the Admin Notifications as well. Also, I did some search but could not find any official document explain this feature. Here is some information I found on the Internet, for your reference: Outlook’s Notification Pane for Office 365 Incidents.
    (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:42 AM
  • What's funny is that was posted after I posted the thread. Almost like someone was waiting for it to be mentioned. :)

I am running 13029.20200 Current Channel (Preview) and he is running standard channel which is probably why I have it he doesn't. I actually forgot I was running preview. 

Tried searching the internet and message boards but it doesn't help that this feature was undocumented. This was in the previous version as well. 

Marked as answer since it lead me to look at my version and realize i was running preview.

Friday, July 17, 2020 3:41 PM