Windows Event ID 34113 Unable to create a snapshot of virtual machine RRS feed

• Question

• I am running backup exec on a Windows 2008 R2, 64 bit server, and my backup jobs are continually failing due to a problem with the VSS service on the server.  It should also be noted that the vss system writer is continually failing on this server.  I have found reference to a hotfix for this problem, but have been unable to find it to download and install.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix the volume shadow copy services on this server?
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may try to update to Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 and check the result. All the previous released Windows Updates and hotfixes are included in Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2008 R2. For more information, please refer to the following link:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff817647(v=WS.10).aspx

If the issue persists, please let me know the hotfix KB number that you cannot download. I will check it for you.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 5:17 AM