none
Homepage set on default domain policy to be replaced with different homepage for one OU

Question

• Dear All,

we have set a home page through group policy on default domain policy,but we want to replace the homepage for one of the OU which is getting the homepage from default domain policy,how do i do it?

Regards

Abu

TechGUy,System Administrator.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:51 AM

Answers

• Maybe separate the homepage policy setting from the Default Domain Policy to a new GPO, then you will have more flexible control over it.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by ITSysGuy Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:09 AM

All replies

• > we have set a home page through group policy on default domain
    > policy,but we want to replace the homepage for one of the OU which is
    > getting the homepage from default domain policy,how do i do it?

Create new policy, link it to that OU and set homepage in the GPO.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:03 AM
  • The Local OU policy wins over Domain policy.

Whichever OU you want a different homepage. Create a GPO - link it and change/edit the homepage. This will affect that OU.

On one of the test machine under the required OU verify by gpupdate /force

JW

Jack Wills Nothing but Group Policy and Exchange!

• Edited by Jack Wills Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:03 PM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:02 PM
  • I used this steps to set up the home page in GPO i hope this is correct

• Create a new GPO or edit the existing one. (I'm assuming you know how to do this already. Let me know if you don't.)
    • In the Group Policy Management Editor, go to User Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.
    • Find the policy Disable changing home page settings.
    • Set it to Enabled, and specify the URL for your home page.
    • Once it applies, the option in IE will be greyed out on the client PC

all users are using IE 10 or above while checking other settings i saw this the below ,cannot see ie 10 and above can this cause any issue.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:50 PM
  • Hi. From GPO objects find the created GPO and link it to OU also. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

* Please don't forget to mark as answer or Vote if it helps!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:11 PM
  • old one is set on default domain policy there are lot of other settings applied on it,i want only the home page to be changed .

i also did this settings on my GPO still its not working

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:14 AM
  • Dear All,
     I found out the root cause the old home page which is applied on default domain policy is set as  enforced ,so even when i create the new home page policy for that one OU ,the default domain policy is overwriting it and the new one is not getting applied,even when i enforced the new policy still default domain policy is overwriting it.
     for testing i created a new OU and removed inheritance of default domain policy and just applied the new policy its working fine like a charm.

the problem is the default domain policy has lots of other settings which users needs, so i cannot stop it ,what has to be done in this case?

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 7:02 AM
  • Maybe separate the homepage policy setting from the Default Domain Policy to a new GPO, then you will have more flexible control over it.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by ITSysGuy Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:08 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:09 AM
  • Thanks everyone,

i resolved it here is the solution.

I stopped the inheritance of default policy to the OU where i needed the new homepage,

then separated the old home page policy by removing it from default domain policy,as there were lot of other policy created in default domain policy.

created a new home page policy applied it to the OU where i needed it new and also linked the default domain policy as there were lot of other policy which was required, since the old home page policy is separated form default domain policy i got all the policies except the homepage.

Regards

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:17 PM