SSRS Stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• SSRS 2005 SharePoint add-in has been working on my systems for 2 years. Currently the SSRS add-in is only working on 1 server. I have 5 servers in the Farm and until last week SSRS was working on both of my WFE servers. Now it only works on 1. The only change was we added .net 3.5 to our systems. I have checked the web.config on both server A and B. Server A works just fine Server B give me this error An unexpected error occurred while connecting to the report server. Verify that the report server is available and configured for SharePoint integrated mode.

I don't see any errors in the SharePoint logs, Event Logs or SSRS logs on Server B or Server D. I have repaired SSRS SharePoint add-in on Server B. No luck. I have configured the disableloopbackcheck on all my servers. I made sure all .net updates have been applied. Web.configs are the same on Server A and B. I don't know what else to check. We are not using Kerberos.

Server A WFE using Cisco ACE NLB
    Server B WFE using Cisco ACE NLB

Server C Index & CA
    Server D SSRS
    Server F Project Server

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:30 AM SSRS questions go to the BI forum (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:47 PM

All replies

• Hi pknath19,

In general, the problem will lead to the following two situation:

1.       Service account requirements for Reporting Services

2.       Configure administrative and service accounts to use unique domain user accounts

I’m not sure which kind of your problem is from your description, maybe you can refer to the following two articles to get more detailed information and solutions about this problem:

1.       http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159704.aspx.

Focus on reading these two parts:

a.       Service Account Requirements for Reporting Services in a SharePoint deployment

b.      Domain Account Requirements for Administrative Services in a SharePoint Deployment

2.       http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159704(v=sql.90).aspx

Focus on reading these two parts:

a.       Configure administrative and service accounts to use unique domain user accounts

b.      Service account requirements for Reporting Services

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:28 AM
  • I have looked at both of the articles in great detail. Like I said this was working perfectly for 2 years until I installed .Net 3.5 to support Service level Dashboard & Service Manager Dashboards in SCOM. Once I applied .Net 3.5 and the Family updates server B stopped working with SSRS. Performance Point still works correctly and SSRS RSViewer.aspx works on Server A but not Server B. I have compared the Web.config files, GAC Folder, .NET directory, 12 hive using WinDiff and they all look the same.

I have checked every log file I can find and the error is not being reported.  IE. Event Viewer, SharePoint logs, IIS logs, SSRS logs.   No luck.   I have even compared every windows patch that was applied to both servers.  They both seem the same.  .Net 3.5 or a Windows update must have changed something to stop the communication to the SSRS server.  I have set the DisableLoopBackCheck =1 and still no luck.  

I would like to figure out this issue just to understand why it stopped working.   My next option is to build a new WFE server and Install all the products we use and see if that fixes the issue.

Could this be .Net related???

Thanks,

Paul Nath

Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:59 PM