APP-V Office Outlook 2010 and adobe acrobat 9 pro -ATTACH TO EMAIL: an error occured while sending email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I try to attach a pdf file to a new email message (ie open the pdf file -> File->Attach To Email) I receive the error "an error occured while sending email". I am using office 2010 (virtualized).

However when Microsoft Office is installed locally, everthing works fine.

Does any one have an idea of how to make Adobe Acrobat interact with APP-V Office 2010 ?

Please..

ka
    Monday, January 17, 2011 11:47 AM

Answers

• The app-v deployment kit for Office 2010 doesn't lay down any registry keys for Extended MAPI, which Adobe Reader uses (or any adobe software it seems).

Check this registry key

HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail

If it would support Extended MAPI there would be a registry key under your default mail client named DLLPathEX

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, November 25, 2011 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you using steps the prescriptive guidance to deploy the virtual Office 2010?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462

if so, which steps?

/Znack
    Monday, January 17, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Hi Znack,

thanks for your reply.

Yes I used the prescriptive guidance. Virtual Office is working fine. It's working fine with Adobe Acrobat 9 pro except for the Attach to Email.... issue.

Any help?

ka
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:59 AM
  • Hello,

Well, what choices did you make? What proxies are activiated? What components of office are installed? What registry-keys did you manipulate? 

My question was not only relating to the fact if you used it or not, but if you did there are loads of choices to actively be made while following the guidance - which we need to know what YOU decided to use...
    /Znack
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Does the same issue occur when using a send to email operation in any other applications?
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:44 PM
  • Hi Znack,

all proxies were activated and all components of office were installed. The only changes we made to the registry were those related to the following known issues:

Can’t see the names of other users editing my shared Excel workbook at the same time
    The following registry keys/values must be removed from the sequenced Office 2010 virtual package:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSDN\8.0\Help\0x0409\<<GUID>>\Registration
    "RegisteredName"=""

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSDN\8.0\Help\LanguageNeutral\<<GUID>>\Registration
    "RegisteredName"=""

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSDN\8.0\Registration
    "UserName"=""

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\Help\LanguageNeutral\<<GUID>>\Registration
    "RegisteredName"=""

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\<<*******>>\InstallProperties
    "RegOwner"=""

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\UserInfo
    "Company"=""
    "UserInitials"=""
    "UserName"=""

However whilst monitoring, we downloaded and installed the latest office 2010 updates. Could that be reason to this issue?

ka
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Hello,

if you right click on a file on the desktop and choose Send to -> Mail Recipient - what happens then?

(the answer you gave wasn't exactly a recipe...,)

/Znack
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:44 PM
  • Hi Znack,

Nothing happens if i right click on a file on the desktop and do as you have said: Send to -> Mail Recipient . But if I open the the file (word document) and choose Send to -> Mail Recipient, I am able to send to a recipient.

ka
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:57 AM
  • Hello,

Then it seems that you need to be more detailed on how you actually deployed the virtual office and attempted to have all the proxies working. 

Since its not working from the desktop - I see no reason that it should work from Adobe. Considering that you have virtualized Office and can use it from within Office only means the functionality is within the virtualized Office and not the operating system.

Considering that we are probably dealing with a failed attempt to deploy a proxy - all optional parts of the prescriptive guidance would be more relevant to understand what you did to make it functional

/Znack
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hello znack,

I have managed to figure out where the problem was. I uninstalled the virtualization client software from the client machine and then reinstalled it. I then run the activation (KMS) and then re-enabled the proxies. My initial KMS activation command could also have been a factor. It should have been---      msiexec /i OffVirt.msi PROPLUS=1.  I was using:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi" ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core PROPLUS=1

Now I am able to Right Click on any file on the Desktop and use the Send To --> Mail Recipient. (outlook 2010). It's working.

BUT I am still unable to use the Attach To Email in adobe acrobat.

Any help?

Thanks.

ka
    Friday, January 21, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Hello,
    I have a problem also when i try to connect with a interface on a app-v sequenced Office 2010

Can you try this VBS agains your office and see if this works
    Copy the code belowe and save it to a file and rename it to TestAppVMail.vbs and exceute
    If i am right the problem lies with registry keys missing in the app-v enviorment.
    If some one know what keys need to be imported during sequence PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Dim EM 
    Dim MailItem  
    MsgBox "Creating Outlook object" 
    Set EM = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")  
    MsgBox "Creating e-mail item"  
    Set MailItem = EM.CreateItem(0)  
    MsgBox "Setting Email Parmeters"  
    MailItem.Subject = "A Test"  
    MailItem.Body = "This text is in the body"  
    MailItem.Recipients.Add "kristjan@dk.is"  
    MsgBox "Displaying Email Item"  
    MailItem.Display(True)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:19 AM
  • Are you running this script inside or outside of the Office package?

Have you tested this script against an installed Office 2010 using the same install steps that you follow when sequencing Office?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:30 AM
  • The app-v deployment kit for Office 2010 doesn't lay down any registry keys for Extended MAPI, which Adobe Reader uses (or any adobe software it seems).

Check this registry key

HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail

If it would support Extended MAPI there would be a registry key under your default mail client named DLLPathEX

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, November 25, 2011 9:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:52 AM