ADFS: test website (claimapp) doesn't display username on welcome page RRS feed

• Question

• After introducing the NGINx to my on-premise ADFS configuration (2 LB, 2 ADFS, 1 SQL server, 1 web server (claimapp*), and DC server), the authentication went fine from accessing the external URL of the website, then to the federation service page, entered credentials, logged in, eventually to the Welcome page.

NGINx is on the DMZ zone

*claimapp is the test website page that I downloaded online for ADFS testing purposes.

However, i am not sure why the Welcome page doesn't display user name anymore.  When I tested it all internally, the welcome page displays the username such as "Welcome <internaldomain>\<username>"

However, since I introduced the NGINx in with public facing URL and domain name, the authentication went through fine but the domain name and username doesn't show up on the Welcome page anymore.

Not sure if it is something in the code that I should look for troubleshooting this problem or it's somewhere else that I didn't update when switching to the public facing domain name.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Monday, December 31, 2018 7:11 PM

All replies

• Maybe the user you are testing with doesn't not have a value for the attribute that you map to display the username.

What do the claims rules look like?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, January 4, 2019 1:57 PM
  • Maybe the user you are testing with doesn't not have a value for the attribute that you map to display the username.

What do the claims rules look like?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Hi Piere,

Thanks for replying.  I am not quite sure that I understand what you mean by "doesn't not have a value for the attribute that you map to display the username." Where should Iook to confirm this?  When I tested it internally (abc.local domain), it shows up.  

Where should I look for "claim rules" to answer your question? I am sorry, I am so new to ADFS and still learning.

Friday, January 4, 2019 3:20 PM