How to add Details to Folders in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 1 TB hard drive with over 500 movies, with a folder for each movie, as each movie consists of one or more files, along with a jpg file with the movie cover.

I am using Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Currently each folder has the movie Name.

I have recently changed the Folder view to Details and discovered that we can choose a lot of column details like: Year, Language, Genre etc from Choose Details Option

Now I want to know how to add these details/fields to the Folder so that each movie can have a language, Year, Genre. This will make it convenient for me to organize and sort.

I have tried a lot but unable to figure out.

Please help me in this Regard.
    Friday, May 6, 2011 9:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to say the Folder details are not allowed to modify. This is by design.

The column will be useful to view certain files not folders.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Hi

that is you want to rename the folder with the details inside. It is not possible, here with you have only one way: that is to rename the folders manually one by one.. with will practically will take long time. Hence you can figure out the details by having the THUMBNAIL  view hence you will have a small preview.

Thanks

Venkat Ramesh Jalari

Research engineer (Microsoft)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to say the Folder details are not allowed to modify. This is by design.

The column will be useful to view certain files not folders.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:30 AM
  • Hi

that is you want to rename the folder with the details inside. It is not possible, here with you have only one way: that is to rename the folders manually one by one.. with will practically will take long time. Hence you can figure out the details by having the THUMBNAIL  view hence you will have a small preview.

Thanks

Venkat Ramesh Jalari

Research engineer (Microsoft)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:40 PM