WSUS 2012 R2 How to backup \ import approved\declined patches RRS feed

• Question

• Dear WSUS community, I work on a secure air gapped network. Each month we're given a WSUS content folder with a .xml & .log file to be imported into WSUS.

My question is we have a new vanilla WSUS 2012 R2 solution also air gapped, if I copy the complete WSUS Content folder, is it possible to take a backup and then import of all the pre-approved and declined patches from one solution to the other?

Thank you for any guidance

I should also add we use a WID
    • Edited by LostBoy43 Monday, June 4, 2018 9:06 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi LostBoy43,

Thank you for your information.

Yes, you can take a backup by copy the complete WSUS Content folder and import .xml & .log file into WSUS. However, we still need to approve or decline the updates manually as it couldn’t be imported.

Hope above information helps.

Best Regards

Tina Cao

========================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:04 AM
  • Hi LostBoy43,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards
    Tina Cao

========================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, June 11, 2018 7:21 AM