Unable to migrate user to SfB Online RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying move Lync2013 on-prem user to Skype Online. User mailboxes are already migrated to cloud.

I am getting following error. Could anyone help in finding out what could be wrong?

Move-CsUser : Exception of type 'Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Helpers.RollbackException' was thrown.
    At line:1 char:57
    + ... ach-Object {Move-CsUser -Identity $_.identity -Target sipfed.online.l ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Move-CsUser], RollbackException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Helpers.RollbackException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.MoveOcsUserCmdlet

Saturday, November 3, 2018 3:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Looks like you are using users in bulk..

Have you setup the Hybrid between Lync 2013 and Skype for Business Online properly ? Refer to the below article to cross-check..

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/12/23/step-by-step-skype-for-business-2015-hybrid-configuration/

Refer to the below article to validate the hybrid setup..

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2016/09/27/validate-your-lync-server-2013-or-skype-for-business-2015-hybrid-configuration/

Did you try moving single user ? what is the error ?

Are you able to move the user using Lync control panel ?

Are you able to move any user whose mailbox hosted On-Prem ?

Verify the AD account for these users is synchronized to Office 365 (MSOD). and you have assigned the Skypefor Business license.

And most important - Does UCS (Unified Contact Store) is enabled in your Lync 2013 on-prem environment ?

>> I suspect this could the issue, If this is the case, you have two options to move the user.. 

1. Move User with -FORCE switch ; this will cause a data (contacts) loss.
    2. Move back the user mailbox to On-Prem and Move the Lync account to Skype for Business Online first and then Move the mailbox to EXO. ; In this scenario you will not loose any data (contacts).

Typically when you planned for Migration to Office 365, you need to Move the Lync accounts to O365 (SFBO) and then the respective mailbox to O365 (EXO)

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Saturday, November 3, 2018 7:48 AM
  • Hello Neeranjan, Thanks for your reply.

Please find the answers to your query below.

Even when we try to move a single user, it returns the same error.
    Lync 2013 control panel does not have option to migrate to cloud unlike SfB 2015.
    I was able to move a user to Sfb Online whose mailbox is still on on-prem; no issues there.
    I have verified AD sync status and confirmed that licenses are assigned.
    UCS is enabled for our Lync 2013 environment.
    I'm able to migrate users with force switch.
    I have not tried moving mailboxes back to on-prem; I know it will work but any ways to get the issue resolved or what could be the cause?

Saturday, November 3, 2018 9:20 AM
  • The cause is UCS enabled in your environment. You need to Move the Lync accounts first to Online and them Mailbox to Online...

I know there were no Technet articles say about this.. but this is how it is..

refer to some third-party article below..

http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2015/10/unified-contact-store-requires-lync-user-to-be-migrated-to-office-365-before-exchange-mailbox.htm

https://dirteam.com/dave/2015/02/19/issues-with-unified-contact-store-in-combination-with-lync-on-premises-and-exchange-online/

Solution will be (Either one of the below) :

1. Move User with -FORCE switch ; this will cause a data (contacts) loss.
    2. Move back the user mailbox to On-Prem and Move the Lync account to Skype for Business Online first and then Move the mailbox to EXO. ; In this scenario you will not loose any data (contacts).

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Saturday, November 3, 2018 10:54 AM
  • Hi a2har,

First, please make sure you have CsAdministrator group permission, and also have been as a member of the group RTCUniversalServerAdmins.

Please also ensure that the UCS is enabled properly before you do the migration. Here is the reference: https://thamaraw.com/2014/12/28/configuring-unified-contact-store-ucs-with-lync-server-2013/

If the above are all configured correctly, you could try to use Invoke-CsUcsRollback cmdlet" to migrate the contacts from the unified contact store back to Skype for Business Server first, and then move the users to SFBO via Move-CsUser cmdlet before migrate user mailboxes to EXO as Neeranjan mentioned.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 5, 2018 7:49 AM
  • Thanks Calvin & Neeranjan for your replies.

I was able to resolve this issue after following below article.

http://blog.novotips.com/2017/04/lync-server-2013-issue-with-exchange-autodiscovery/

We added *.outlook.com in ExchangeAutodiscoverAllowedDomains for Lync 2013 on-prem oauthconfiguration.

Now I'm able to migrate users whose mailbox cutover is completed.

• Proposed as answer by Neeranjan Shettar Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by a2har Friday, November 16, 2018 6:31 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:26 AM
  • Hi a2har,

Thanks for your sharing, please mark your above reply as answer, it will help others who has the similar issue as yours.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 9:55 AM
  • Excellent, please mark this as Answer, it will help others who has the similar issue as yours.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:13 AM