We can't sign you in. Looks like you're already signed in on too many devices RRS feed

• Question

• Everytime I open Lync 2013 client on mobile I get this message:

"We can't sign you in. Looks like you're already signed in on too many devices"

I tried to increase the maximum endpoints allowed for the users but still I get this message for all the users who are using Lync 2013 on mobile, sometimes we get the same message for the Lync Client for PC.

Does anyone know how to stop this? Because everytime this message pop up, the Lync client sign out!

Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to restart the Lync FE server and BE server to check the issue again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:01 AM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 10:34 AM

All replies

• This is the error that I get while using Lync for PC

Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:03 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to restart the Lync FE server and BE server to check the issue again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:01 AM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 10:34 AM
  • I don't think a restart will simply resolve this problem. I think this problem is related to Edge replication issue! You have a problem between Lync Front end pool and Edge. 

If the replication status between both servers is ok then check if there's any errors in Eventviewer related and post it here. 

Mohammed JH

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 11:01 AM
  • I had the same issue. The easy fix for me was to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. Problem solved.
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:04 AM
  • Reinstalling hasn't fixed it for me. I can still log in with my desktop computer, but I can't ever log in with my phone any more.

And someone should tell the moderator that "restart the server" is hardly a solution for the actual users, and shouldn't be self-promoted as the "answer".

Monday, October 7, 2013 10:28 PM
  • 2013-10-08 Edit: I just downloaded the Lync 2013 version 5.2, and now I can connect without the error message.

Also, I had logging turned on previously, when I still hadn't been able to sign in due to certificate issues. I turned it off and was then able to log in for about 10 minutes before it kicked me out again. With 5.2 it's been working fine, though, so far!
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:36 PM
  • I get this every morning (I leave Lync signed in but in an away status overnight).

I think it has to do with the Veeam backups.  There is a stun time involved where the virtual machine cannot respond to any request (network, cpu, disk) for a few seconds when Veeam calls the vmware storage API to consolidate the snapshot after it's performed a backup.  It's a vmware issue.

Monday, March 16, 2015 12:14 PM