windows vista home edition date & time goes only to 22:00hrs RRS feed

• Question

• It's me again, I set the date & time in BIOS and for some strange reason it only goes to 22:00hrs and then goes back to 21:00 and starts again. Is this a problem with vista or my laptop, its a Dell Inspiron 1525 still under warrantyjust 3 months old. Many thanks
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hi andyallen,

Please understand that we mainly discuss Windows Vista issues in this form. As your issue is related to BIOS, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot it. To get the issue resolved in a timely manner, I suggest contacting Dell as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:54 AM

All replies

• Andy

This is the first time I have seen this particular behavior?

I would check with Dell first to make sure you have the latest BIOS installed. Also check for their procedure for resetting the CMOS for that Motherboard.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the right of this message.
    This will help others who are having this issue find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:24 PM
  • Hi andyallen,

Please understand that we mainly discuss Windows Vista issues in this form. As your issue is related to BIOS, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot it. To get the issue resolved in a timely manner, I suggest contacting Dell as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 5:54 AM