Monitor Mail Queues on Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can somebody please advise on  ...how do I get email alert from my SCOM2007R2 when email queues reaches 100 on any of my outbound queues?

And there is one domain in particular I want to monitor for outbound queue for ... it should alert me when the mail queue reaches 25 mails.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

• You need to identify the counter, once done, 2nd link will help you use the counter to create the monitor.

Regards

Chandan

============================================================ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:37 PM

All replies

• HI

Please see the counter that checks this and mention the threshold value 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123740(EXCHG.65).aspx

Create a performance monitor.

http://www.toolzz.com/?p=511

regards

Chandan

============================================================ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:01 PM
  • Thank you Chand.

I am looking to get an email alerts when the que goes above a certain threshold for Exchange 2007.  I had it running on my MOM 2005 Server.  Just trying to setup on my SCOM2007 for Exchange 2007

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:09 PM
  • You need to identify the counter, once done, 2nd link will help you use the counter to create the monitor.

Regards

Chandan

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:37 PM