outlook express repair

Question

• Yesterday I opened Outlook Express and didn't see my emails, contacts, notes. Is there any possibility to recover these items?
    Friday, January 10, 2014 5:58 AM

Answers

• Hello,

First, use Outlook Express basic repair kit, usually it must be enough for solving problem

If you have backup copy on PC, make import backup to your Outlook Express

In case you couldn't solve issue after using these recommendations, use Outlook Express Repair Toolbox

Tool is able to:

- Restore messages from files larger than 2GB

- Batch restoration mode for *.dbx files

- Restore information from *. DBX files for Outlook Express 5, 5.5, 6

You may download it therefrom http://www.outlookexpress.repairtoolbox.com/

Deepak Kotian.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP Server / Exchange 2010 Ent. Administrator

Disclaimer: Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!

All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, January 10, 2014 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,

First, use Outlook Express basic repair kit, usually it must be enough for solving problem

If you have backup copy on PC, make import backup to your Outlook Express

In case you couldn't solve issue after using these recommendations, use Outlook Express Repair Toolbox

Tool is able to:

- Restore messages from files larger than 2GB

- Batch restoration mode for *.dbx files

- Restore information from *. DBX files for Outlook Express 5, 5.5, 6

You may download it therefrom http://www.outlookexpress.repairtoolbox.com/

Deepak Kotian.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP Server / Exchange 2010 Ent. Administrator

Disclaimer: Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!

All the opinions expressed here is mine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, January 10, 2014 7:22 AM
  • Any Update?

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:42 AM
  • Yes, you can recover your files if you can locate the damaged DBX files. Now, the question arises how to find the location? So here are the steps :

1. Click Start + R. Type regedit and click Enter

2. Registry Editor window will appear. Expand the folders in left panel: HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Identities>XYZ>Software>Microsoft>Outlook Express>5.0

3. On the right panel, navigate to Store Root and double click. You will get the path of DBX files, copy the path.

After finding the location, copy the path and move the files to new file by following the steps given in the post below:

nalavadebela.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/feasible-technique-to-repair-damaged-dbx-files-of-outlook-express/

It is the only solution which is a free solution.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 11:35 AM