can i upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? RRS feed

• Question

• as I mentioned in the title, I want to upgrade to the windows 10 pro version. I have downloaded the en_windows_10_multiple_editions_x64_dvd from MSDN. but it doesn't provide an option to upgrade my 10 home to the 10 pro version. Any advice on how do this would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and activate your device, you'll need a valid product key or a digital license for Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a product key or a digital license, you can buy Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store. Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation , and then select Go to Microsoft Store. From here, you can also see how much this upgrade will cost.

You could refer to the following official article as your reference:

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:01 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, June 12, 2020 6:27 AM