none
UPgrade or install another fresh server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have one old installation of SCCM 2007 . But due to some reason there were no configurations as our management was interested in only software metering but we have the agent installed on almost 500 PC across 3 sites.

Now I have taken the project to use all features of SCCM 2012 as we have invested on licensing/ CAL's. 

So my question is how to I start with,

1.  Up Gradation of 2007 to 2012  or

2. With fresh installation one new Machine ?

What will be the correct way ?  No configuration in old system. 

• Edited by sumeet21 Saturday, November 3, 2012 8:09 AM
    Saturday, November 3, 2012 8:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• 1) You cannot upgrade from CM07 to CM12, you can only migrate

2) Yes, install CM12 on another server, use a new site name and sitecode. This will allow you to migrate objects from the CM07 server.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Saturday, November 3, 2012 9:14 AM
  • I have done the installation. 

After finishing installation I came to know that there are some setting related to Certificates  to be done 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694035.aspx

1. But we are having Windows 2003 server as DC and CA. I can not find many options written in the steps. 

2. I am not able to push the clients software to PC's. I am getting the error 

Site Component Manager failed to install this component, because Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is not configured properly on the Internet Information Server. 

Possible cause: No Server Certificate is attached to the designated Web Site.
    Solution: Refer to ConfigMgr Documentation regarding how to create and attach a proper Server Certificate to the designated Web Site. 

Possible cause: The Server Certificate is invalid or expired.
    Solution: Refer to ConfigMgr Documentation regarding how to create and attach a proper Server Certificate to the designated Web Site.

Is Winodws 2003 not compatible with SCCM 2012 ? 

what should I do now  ? 

• Edited by sumeet21 Friday, November 16, 2012 1:37 PM correction
    Friday, November 16, 2012 1:33 PM