Annoying black box appears on screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having this super annoying problem with my windows 8.1 laptop, and I can't remember when it started but it has gotten worse. there is this black box that pops up on the the screen every 2 min. (NOT LYING I HAVE SERIOUSLY TIMED IT) Anyway the only thing I have seen so far was it says SYSTEM 32 in the green bar on top. Now where this really bothers me is when I'm in full screen mode, watching a movie ,playing a game and so on it just minimizes to the taskbar and I have to open it from there, otherwise if I'm in windowed mode this "black box" still pops up but doesn't minimize the program.

Usually I would try and figure this out myself but I have gotten nowhere, and the internet has LITERALLY got nothing and the frustration is killing me, so please I need some ADVISE.

Saturday, November 26, 2016 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

What is the exact message on this box?
    It will be better if you could provide a screenshot about your issue, which will be very helpful for us to understand your problems.
    Before that, to ensure the safety of system, please perform a full scan with the antivirus. Then, run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" in an elevated CMD prompt to check and repair your system components, check if there is any errors when run this command. After that, we could boot into clean boot environment to have a test, if the issue is gone in clean boot environment, then it could be related to third party applications or services.
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/929135

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 28, 2016 6:08 AM