Sharepoint 2007 HTML Editor Features greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone

Was wondering if anyone could provide some advice or a solution to an issue I have been having for months now with the HTML Editor in a standard page in Sharepoint 2007. 

Basically, I have a content page which has a built in "Page Content" area which I am supposed to be able to change using the inline HTML Editor. This is fine, since I can click "Edit Content" and access the HTML Editor Toolbar. However, as illustrated below, practically all of the options are greyed out, and cannot perform basic formatting without modifying the source code.

This happens throughout every content page on the site.

Any ideas on why this happens or how to possibly resolve this? I believe I have hotfixed the Sharepoint server to the latest 2007 version but to no avail.

Patrick Huerto

Monday, July 29, 2013 11:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Patrick,

based on this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms561507(v=office.12).aspx

you may have a customize the HTML editor control, as your part of the environment is custom environment, perhaps you would like to check and apply the control.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:42 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

based on this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms561507(v=office.12).aspx

you may have a customize the HTML editor control, as your part of the environment is custom environment, perhaps you would like to check and apply the control.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:48 AM