none
Synchronizing Boost and Blocks between two clusters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are using two FAST ESP Clsuters for High Availability ( one is taking query traffic and other is backup). My requirement is to synchronizing the "Synonyms" and "Boost and Blocks" from master cluster to backup cluster whenever anyone is making any changes in "Synonyms" and "Boost & Block" on master cluster.

If any difference is found in "synnoym" and "Boost and Block" between clsuters it must be logged somwhere.

I tried the "Export" and "import" search profiles from command line, but it doe not give this kind of flexibility.

As of now I am using Admin API (Various Services provided) to get these things from first cluster and to deploy on another cluster.

Is there any better recommendation or approach to synchronize these things (Synonyms and Boost & Blocks) of a search profile between two FAST ESP clusters?

Thanks

Ashish

Ashish Gupta Click "Vote As Helpful"! if you think that post is helpful in responding your question click "Mark As Answer, if you think that this is your answer for your question.

• Edited by meashish Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:59 PM
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,
    Besides import and export of the search profiles, I don't believe there is any other option OOB to achieve this.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:40 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

As of now I have achieved the same because it is havinf more flexibility as I can choose boost type (Postion Boost, Relative Boost or Blocks).

Thanks

Ashish Gupta 

Ashish Gupta Click "Vote As Helpful"! if you think that post is helpful in responding your question click "Mark As Answer, if you think that this is your answer for your question.

Friday, September 26, 2014 3:37 PM