Font issues when copy content from MS Word. RRS feed

• Question

• When I copy a text of line without closing paragraph mark from word (2007/2013) to my application using windows clipboard functionality, the font of the text is not retained and it changes to default font set for the application. However, if I copy the same text including the closing paragraph mark and paste into my application it retains all the formatting including font face and size.

Is this behavior known about MS Office Word. Is it a problem with word or windows clipboard? Is there a solution which I can use to resolve the issue? Please suggest.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:42 AM

Answers

• What you describe is by design in Word. When you copy the whole paragraph (up to and including the paragraph mark), the formatting represented by the paragraph style is included and it will be pasted along with the content at the target location.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, July 8, 2016 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi VishuMys05,

From the description of the thread its looks like you are using User Interface of Word Application.

This Forum handles the issues regarding Word Object Model.

so for better response and better solution to your issue I move this thread to word it pro discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:33 AM
  • Hi, 

What is "closing paragraph mark" referring to? Do you mean the paragraph mark? Would you please provide a screenshot so that we can understand it more clearly? If you cannot upload an image in the forum, you can share it to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. Please involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up.

Meanwhile, please also try testing the following scenarios and let me know the result:

• Copy from Word and paste to another Word document
    • Copy from Word and paste to PowerPoint slider.
    • Copy from Word and paste to WordPad.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:36 AM
  • What you describe is by design in Word. When you copy the whole paragraph (up to and including the paragraph mark), the formatting represented by the paragraph style is included and it will be pasted along with the content at the target location.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, July 8, 2016 10:01 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:18 PM