Windows 7 won't restore FSX once its been minimized RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 7 premium and I just did a system restore and returned it to factory settings. I then installed Flight Simulator X and it plays with no problem. Thing is, once I minimize it, it wont restore. When I click on it in the task bar I get a little sound and nothing happens. I tried bringing up task manager and selecting switch to but again all I get is a little sound and nothing happens. The program is still running and as long as I don't start another program the sound from the game is still coming through the speakers. For instance when I throttle up with my joy stick the engines spool up and get louder. Any suggestions?
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may kindly try to press ALT+Tab to switch the application Windows.

Also, you may try to update your display card’s driver to latest version.

Sometimes, to minimize or maximize the full screen game depends on the game, so please try to contact the game publisher.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 17, 2010 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may kindly try to press ALT+Tab to switch the application Windows.

Also, you may try to update your display card’s driver to latest version.

Sometimes, to minimize or maximize the full screen game depends on the game, so please try to contact the game publisher.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 17, 2010 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 9:09 AM
  • I tried  ALT+TAB, Right Clicking on the taskbar, nothing. The Preview Window does show the game in progress when hovering over the taskbar, but attempting to resume the game in any way not not work and results in a "BONG" sound. Right clicking on the taskbar and selecting "Play" only results in FSX saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator is already running"
    Friday, April 4, 2014 8:19 PM