Windows Backup Won't Start RRS feed

• Question

• Event Viewer messages:

The program sdclt.exe version 6.1.7600.16385 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: d0c

The program sdclt.exe version 6.1.7600.16385 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 860 ....associated w/ Windows backup

Other than finding out that this is related to Windows Backup, I haven't been able to accomplish anything. Starting Windows backup gives a "please wait while Windows Backup starts", and 20 minutes later still waiting.

Any help appreciated.
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please restart the windows backup service and zip the files at %systemdrive%\windows\logs\Windows backup folder and send it to soudamini.sreepada [at] microsoft.com? Also which release of windows you are using?

Thanks,
    S.Soudamini.

This is posting is provided "AS IS" without warranties and confers no rights.
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please restart the windows backup service and zip the files at %systemdrive%\windows\logs\Windows backup folder and send it to soudamini.sreepada [at] microsoft.com? Also which release of windows you are using?

Thanks,
    S.Soudamini.

This is posting is provided "AS IS" without warranties and confers no rights.

I have a customer who is having this issue. I did the manual uninstall of the .Net framework and then reinstalled the framework and re-created the backup schedule.

Can I actually do what you proposed above and send the information to you?
    Monday, November 23, 2009 1:10 AM
  • Did it solve your problem after re-installation? If not, can you please send me the traces?

Thanks,
    S.Soudamini.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranties and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:48 AM