none
Automated conference room scheduler for multiple offices? RRS feed

• Question

• Does an Exchange application exist for fully-automatic scheduling of multi-office meetings? Our company has 15 offices around the world, and meeting scheduling is getting too complex to be done manually.  Ideally, the meeting host would provide only:

• List of attendees (their offices are already known in Active Directory)
    • Meeting duration (say, 1 hour)
    • Date range when meeting should occur (say, anytime this week)
    • Whether you need videoconferencing equipment, a projector, a computer, or other attributes associated with a conference room

From this information, the app automatically locates all needed rooms (in all offices) and schedules a meeting at a time that works for all attendees (taking timezones into account), or it reports failure if this isn't possible.  Or it shows me the best possibilities and I click to approve one of them, and the software schedules it.  That's it, just one click after entering my info.

Some apps claim to do this, but usually they are just a pretty interface for browsing/searching conference rooms, which still means manual work. In a good system, you should not have to:

• Worry about time zones (the system should do it for you)
    • Find a compatible time (that works for all attendees)
    • Identify the offices involved (the system should figure them out from AD)
    • Investigate which conference rooms have which equipment

Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Monday, January 23, 2012 9:29 PM

Answers

• I would suggest you may select Microsoft Advisory Services option. Microsoft Advisory Services provides short-term advice and guidance for problems not covered by Problem Resolution Service as well as requests for consultative assistance for design, development and deployment issues. For specific information about the types of Advisory Services available, visit the <http://support.microsoft.com/gp/advisoryservice> web page.

Hope it is  helpful.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, February 3, 2012 8:31 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 8:15 AM

All replies

• Resource Mailbox with "Auto Accept" Will take care of your Meeting requests.

And Schedule assistance will show up Resource is available or not

Resource Mailbox has an Option to add what all equipments available.

But in your Situation , TimeZones will Give issues.

Need to think if there is Multiple Time zones ,,Regards your other criterias

Satheshwaran Manoharan

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:15 AM
  • Thanks Satheshwaran. However, to be more clear:

• We are already using Auto Accept for resources. This isn't enough because the meeting host still needs to locate, examine, and book the resources by hand in Outlook.
    • "Scheduling Assistant" is not very useful: the meeting host still must examine people's schedules for a compatible time... and even if you find one, there might be no meeting rooms available, and you start all over!  Right now as a workaround, we load every meeting room in the company (over 200) into the Scheduling Assistant and scan for matches. It sometimes takes 15-20 minutes to schedule a meeting, even for technical people.
    • I should also mention that 75% of meeting rooms in our company are usually booked.  So it's hard to find an available one.  (Yes, we need more, but that is a different issue.)

We want to click one button and have the whole meeting get scheduled automatically from basic information (attendee names, date range, duration, and whether you need videoconferencing or not).  Surely we are not the only company with these needs...!

Thanks again.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:06 PM
  • I would suggest you may select Microsoft Advisory Services option. Microsoft Advisory Services provides short-term advice and guidance for problems not covered by Problem Resolution Service as well as requests for consultative assistance for design, development and deployment issues. For specific information about the types of Advisory Services available, visit the <http://support.microsoft.com/gp/advisoryservice> web page.

Hope it is  helpful.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, February 3, 2012 8:31 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2012 8:15 AM