none
absorbing subprojects into master file RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to import sub projects so they get absorbed into the master file? IOW, I want to import the entire contents of a subproject, but I do not want to manage it as a sub project. I only want one project file, not a bunch of sub project files to manage.

Is there a way to do this?

My reasoning is I want to modularize my project templates, and import the template modules into the project plan, I know that works now, but I don't want to have 15 project files to manage.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 2:35 PM

All replies

• CaptScot,

Yes. The default is a dynamic master wherein the subprojects are not actually part of the master, rather the master contains pointers to each individual subproject. What you want is a static master. A static master is a single file that is a snapshot in time of all the subproject inserted into it.

To create a static master, go to Project > Insert > Subproject. In the Insert Project window that appears select all the subproject files you want to be in the master and then uncheck the "link to project" just below the bottom of the selection list.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:29 PM