How can I add the NIC drivers to our windows7 image in the WDS 2008 standard? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

In our environment we use MDT 2010 and WDS version 1.0 on Server 2008 standard SP2.

This week, we have received a new model workstation, HP EliteDesk G1 800.

I download the NIC drivers off the support web page of HP, The driver itself is: Intel (R) Eternet Connnction I217-LM.

I just want add the driver to a boot image in Windows Deployment Services, But - Because we have WDS 2008 standard we can't

add the driver via WDS ( I did read that it is only there on Server 2008 R2.  the management console doesn't show a "Drivers" node under the WDS server 2008 standard.).

So, How can I add the NIC drivers to our windows7 image in the WDS 2008 standard ??? 

thanks

Sunday, March 2, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi everyone,

In our environment we use MDT 2010 and WDS version 1.0 on Server 2008 standard SP2.

This week, we have received a new model workstation, HP EliteDesk G1 800.

I download the NIC drivers off the support web page of HP, The driver itself is: Intel (R) Eternet Connnction I217-LM.

I just want add the driver to a boot image in Windows Deployment Services, But - Because we have WDS 2008 standard we can't

add the driver via WDS ( I did read that it is only there on Server 2008 R2.  the management console doesn't show a "Drivers" node under the WDS server 2008 standard.).

So, How can I add the NIC drivers to our windows7 image in the WDS 2008 standard ??? 

thanks

Is this driver for the OS or WinPE? How did you build your current boot image, di you build it in MDT and then you added the boot.wim to WDS?
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 6:18 AM