Windows 7 "Back up now" not working but create system image works RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a problem with Windows 7 (Professional) running on a Lenovo X250 laptop.  The "Back up now" feature does not work , but the "Create a system image'  feature does work.   "Back up now" feature had been working before in the past, but now clicking on the icon does nothing.  No response.  We backup this laptop to an external USB drive that has plenty of diskspace left.  I also tried backing up to a new drive but no response, so I don't think it's the drive.

There are no error messages in the event viewer and no error message ever appears onscreen.   Clicking on "Back up now"  has no affect.

I'm thinking maybe a patch or recent update is somehow interfering with the backup software.

I have searched Google and found people with a similar problem due to the fact they installed Acronis backup software, but we never used  Acronis.

I briefly looked in the Registry but didn't see anything obviously wrong.

I also checked Services to insure that the four following services were running (most were automatic):

block level backup engine service

RPC

RPC endpoint mapper

Windows Backup.

Has anyone had this problem before?  Or can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:11 PM

Answers

All replies