connection is ok, but the cause is possible credentials RRS feed

• Question

• I have this problem, when I try to connect to our deployment share and run the VBS or WSF file to start a capture I get a message saying the connection is ok, but the cause is possible credentials, and then when I try to run Sysprep from an Admin command prompt it waits at the “Validating Credentials” line and goes no further.  This is a New deployment sever and I have not made any kind of changes to the bootstrap.ini file, I am not sure what’s going on because I can connect to the share and edit the files in that share but for some reason I cannot get the file to run.  What do you think is the problem?

I am running this on a physical Machine, the OS is 2008 R2 and it is a File Server, DNS, DHCP, running the Web and WDS Service.  Brand New install and no custom changes have been made, it is also running ADK 8.1.  And it is also running AD (DC)

Thanks

• Edited by CompSol123 Monday, December 16, 2013 10:05 PM More Info
    Monday, December 16, 2013 9:57 PM

Answers

• So I think I figured out the problem, my static network information was not set, I thought I had filled out all the info but when I checked it was all blank so I filled that out and it looks like it is working.  Thanks for the help.

• Marked as answer by CompSol123 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:08 PM

All replies

• Bootstrap.ini file is required if MDT needs a *hint* on where to find the deployment server.

However... Since you are launching MDT *From* the deployment server, MDT doesn't need that hint, it already knows where it came from.

Sorry, but your description above is not clear to me, I don't fully understand the problem.

Make sure you are launching Litetouch in an elevated command prompt.

cscript \\server\deploymentshare$\scripts\litetouch.vbs

IF you are still having problems, can you copy the bdd.log file to a public share like SkyDRive, and post the link here?

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:48 AM
  • OK, let me see if I can break it down a little bit better.  I am at the point where I need to capture an image from my reference PC.  So my on reference PC in Windows I connect to my deployment share via UNC it ask me for my username and password which I supply it with.  And then I am able to see the share I double click the deployment share then I go to scripts then I try to run the LiteTouch VSScrpit or the Windows Script.  The file loads and the floppy drive is accessed for a little bit, then I get that error message about the connection ok, possible bad credentials.

So the next method I try is to run csript from an elevated command prompt, I have included the screenshot of the error message I get.  I do get a new error from CMD is that an IP address could not be obtained so perhaps its has something to do with DNS/DHCP?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:52 PM
  • So I think I figured out the problem, my static network information was not set, I thought I had filled out all the info but when I checked it was all blank so I filled that out and it looks like it is working.  Thanks for the help.

• Marked as answer by CompSol123 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:08 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:08 PM