none
Lync 2013 - Response Group Usage Reporting - Export Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've come across this strange issue in which exporting for example 'Answered Call' data from the Lync 2013 Response Group Usage Reports is not exporting all the calls being reported.

Just so you are aware, the server would report 1150 calls answered in one month. We would like to export that information of who answered the calls to an excel document but when you open the export you only see around 400 calls. For smaller values like 100-150 seems to export fine but anything over that there's missing data.

Is this some bug within the reporting tool that it cant export high amounts of information ?

Thanks

Friday, February 3, 2017 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Speaking with Microsoft they advise this to be some limitation on Lync 2013 and the only real way around it is by running SQL queries which i found more accurate when looking at a high volume of monthly calls.

One way around this via the Lync reporting tool would be to populate a daily view for the month of January 2017 for example and going into each day and exporting this information into a Excel file.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Thankmelater_ Friday, March 10, 2017 10:54 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi bbyles,

Did this issue occur when you export other reports?

By my research, there are no any options to configure exported item number’s limitation. To this issue, we suggest you use the different browsers to have a test, or try to FE server and export again. In addition, update Lync server 2013 to the latest.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Hi Jim Xu,

Thanks for the response.

I did test with an alternative browser (Chrome) however still the same issue.

We are currently looking to log a case with MS to advise.

Thanks

Monday, February 6, 2017 10:37 AM
  • Hi bbyles,

Did you try to change the value of “Interval” into “Monthly” to have a test, but I am not sure if it worked.

Then, if there are any updates from case in MS, please be free to let us know so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:29 AM
  • Hi, has this issue been solved yet?

It looks we have a similar issue: when we zoom in at the Response Group Usage Reports on a specific day we so see only parts of the data of that day while all data is visible on the hourly interval views.

E.g. On day 11-01-2017 calls are made starting around 07:00; on the daily interval view, the last call reported is made at 12:26 while on the hourly view calls are visible which have been made after 13:00 hr.

we do see this at more than one customer... so this might be a bug?

Kind regards, Piet Bruins

Saturday, March 4, 2017 6:25 PM
  • Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Speaking with Microsoft they advise this to be some limitation on Lync 2013 and the only real way around it is by running SQL queries which i found more accurate when looking at a high volume of monthly calls.

One way around this via the Lync reporting tool would be to populate a daily view for the month of January 2017 for example and going into each day and exporting this information into a Excel file.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Thankmelater_ Friday, March 10, 2017 10:54 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 10:54 AM
  • Hi bbyles,

Is this a limitation as well in Skype for Business Server 2015?

Kind regards,

Piet Bruins

Friday, March 10, 2017 12:54 PM