Remote Web Workplace - Server 2012 Standard RRS feed

• Question

• I can't get a clear answer on this from anywhere.

I have Server 2012 standard, is there away to enable something like Remote Web Workplace like we had in SBS 2003?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:02 PM

Answers

• Remote Web Workplace is replaced with Remote Web Access role. 

This wasn't part of 2012 standard but is part of 2012 R2 or 2012 Essentials / 2012 R2 essentials 

as Brad mentioned you can use remote desktop but this is a licences feature if you want to have more than two concurrent sessions. 

if you don't want all the added features of web access role, and you just want to rdp to your server then you can use remote desktop and the gateway services mentioned below - I'm not a licensing expert so you would need to confirm, but i don't think you need RDS cals to use the gateway services

Regards,

Denis Cooper

MCITP EA - MCT

Help keep the forums tidy, if this has helped please mark it as an answer

My Blog

LinkedIn:

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:34 PM

All replies

• Remote Desktop Services is the way to go - will have most of the stuff that SBS used to do although will take some configuration
    http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ff710446(WS.10).aspx

Particularly the Remote Desktop Gateway

Brad Held http://windorks.wordpress.com

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:20 PM
  • Remote Web Workplace is replaced with Remote Web Access role. 

This wasn't part of 2012 standard but is part of 2012 R2 or 2012 Essentials / 2012 R2 essentials 

as Brad mentioned you can use remote desktop but this is a licences feature if you want to have more than two concurrent sessions. 

if you don't want all the added features of web access role, and you just want to rdp to your server then you can use remote desktop and the gateway services mentioned below - I'm not a licensing expert so you would need to confirm, but i don't think you need RDS cals to use the gateway services

Regards,

Denis Cooper

MCITP EA - MCT

Help keep the forums tidy, if this has helped please mark it as an answer

My Blog

LinkedIn:

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:34 PM