Exchange 2010 Outlook 2010 Merge all Mail to one folder RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on importing all mail from old employees to a single mailbox to be uploaded to a third party for archiving. I am exporting the boxes to PSTs and then to the archive mailbox. Is there a way to merge all mail form all folders into the root of the inbox? As of now I have to click on every folder and move mail to the inbox and then delete the old folder.......There is a LOT of mailboxes....... I was not able to find a camlet to sub of a camlet to do this am I missing something? Or is there a script to run against the mailbox after the mail is imported to move it all to the inbox?

Thanks in advance.

TOGG MAN

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:10 PM

Answers

• Well I do have a journal so all email is copied but what I am working on are old boxes that were here before this archive was implemented. I DID how ever figure a way to do this in outlook. I created a RULE to move all emails to the Inbox! So simple I feel stupid! It can take a while but so what it is automatic and all I have to do is dump PSTs into the box and run the rule and done!

Thanks Ed for the time.

G

• Marked as answer by TOGGMAN Friday, February 21, 2014 8:00 PM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 7:59 PM

All replies

• I don't see that the New-ExportRequest cmdlet will do that.  I can't think of any way to do what you want without writing a script using, say, VBA for Outlook.

Just a quick question, though, why don't you implement a transport rule to send a copy of all messages to the archiving target via SMTP?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Edited by Ed CrowleyMVP Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:11 PM for clarification
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, February 20, 2014 8:37 AM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:06 PM
  • Well I do have a journal so all email is copied but what I am working on are old boxes that were here before this archive was implemented. I DID how ever figure a way to do this in outlook. I created a RULE to move all emails to the Inbox! So simple I feel stupid! It can take a while but so what it is automatic and all I have to do is dump PSTs into the box and run the rule and done!

Thanks Ed for the time.

G

• Marked as answer by TOGGMAN Friday, February 21, 2014 8:00 PM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 7:59 PM