none
Impossible to create a protection group with DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have instaled DPM 2010 on Hyper-V Virtual Machine. I have created to partitions in my SAN ''C:/'' et ''E:/''. In the partition C, I have installed DPM. The partition E est empty. I add it in DPM the  storage pool. When I try  to install a protection group in DPM, i have this error :

" There is insufficient free space in the storage pool for this protection group. To increase the free space, cancel this wizard and add disks to the storage pool or remove non-DPM volumes from the disks in the storage pool. To assign custom volumes to selected members, click Modify."

It's like DPM don't see the disk E which i add on storage pool.

Thanks you for your's responses.

Monday, February 28, 2011 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The disk in the storage pool should not contain a partition, it should just be raw disk.  On the DPM server open Disk Management and delete any partitions that are on the disk you added to the storage pool.   If you continue to have problems, open a DPM Power shell console and run: get-dpmdisk  and see what it returns for capacity and unallocated space. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The disk in the storage pool should not contain a partition, it should just be raw disk.  On the DPM server open Disk Management and delete any partitions that are on the disk you added to the storage pool.   If you continue to have problems, open a DPM Power shell console and run: get-dpmdisk  and see what it returns for capacity and unallocated space. 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Thanks, i have deleted the partition and present it to dmp storage pool, now it works. 
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:09 AM