none
Oracle OLAP and Performance Point Server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I would like to know that i can fetch values from Oracle OLAP server using PPS.

ramesh

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:42 AM

Answers

• Did u make use of the string below???

Driver=SQL Server;Server=computer name;Database=AdventureWorksDW

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:20 AM

All replies

• If it is an Orcale OLAP Server then make use of ODBC Datasource to make connection to the Server and then create KPI's by mapping the actuals and target values to the same Datasource...use the KPI's in a Scorecard to fetch the values

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:53 AM
  • Hi,

I tried to connect my Oracle OLAP server using ODBC but i could not connect.Do u have any sample connection string to connect.

thanks a lot for immediate response

ramesh

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:12 AM
  • Did u make use of the string below???

Driver=SQL Server;Server=computer name;Database=AdventureWorksDW

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:20 AM
  • are u asking about OLAP cube or Oracle database connection??

If u r talking about OLAP cube then go 4 analysis Services DataSource and if u want it for Oracle DB instead then go for ODBC Datasource

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:26 AM
  •  

Hi,

Yes. You r right. I am trying to fetch values from Oracle OLAP Cube. Now, i can connect to microsoft analysis server but i don't know how to connect Oracle Cube.

ramesh

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:08 AM
  • As per my knowledge Analysis Services DataSource is used for multi-dimensional data like cubes and ODBC is to access data from an ODBC-compliant database management system (DBMS)

Now your OLAP cube falls into which category I am not 2 sure about it....But because it is a cube I assume that you have to go for analysis services(multi dimensional) rather than ODBC( Standard Queries)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

I have a cube which is in Oracle OLAP Server. I am trying to fetch values from Oracle cube using PPS.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

Could you get a solution to this problem. I am also need to read 'Oracle cubes' from PerformancePoint and would like to know who I can go about doing this.

Thanks,

Soumitra

Thursday, April 3, 2008 8:07 PM
  • Hello,

Even i need to connect to Oracle Cubes from PPS 2007, can you please let me know as to how can acheive this.

Regards,
    Srihad

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:54 PM
  • I think the only way to do this is to create a SSAS cube with the Data Source to Oracle and then connecting to SSAS cube from Performance Point.

Thanks

Prasad

Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:00 PM