Exchange 2007 Send Statistics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a 2007 Exchange server and I want to know how to use Exchange Management Console or run a script on my exchange server to provide me mail sending statistics. E.g. GroupA@ourdomain.com sent XZY amount of emails to GroupB@ourdomain.com between Date X 2011 – Date Y 2012

Is this possible? I'd imagine the mail server would be setup by default to only record information for a predetermined time but I want to know if I can see what volume of email is being sent between certain groups?

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:26 AM

Answers

• Hi

You can use Message Trackinglog and Group-Object to count.

Get-MessageTrackinglog -Start "03/13/2011 09:00:00" -End "03/15/2012 17:00:00" -Sender "GroupA@contoso.com" -Recipient "GroupB@contoso.com" | Group-Object

Hope it helps

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can use Message Trackinglog and Group-Object to count.

Get-MessageTrackinglog -Start "03/13/2011 09:00:00" -End "03/15/2012 17:00:00" -Sender "GroupA@contoso.com" -Recipient "GroupB@contoso.com" | Group-Object

Hope it helps

Cheers

Zi Feng

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Thanks for the reply

I was able to run the command but it simply went back to the exchange mangement shell prompt. How am i able to view the output of the command? Should we be extracting it to a .txt file?

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:01 AM
  • Hi

You can use command Export-CSV to extract in a CSV file or > to make a txt.

For example

Get-MessageTrackinglog ...... | Export-CSV <file Path\report.csv>

Get-MessageTrackinglog ...... > <File Path\report.txt>

Hope that helps

Cheers

Zi Feng

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:17 AM
  • Thanks again for the response, however it doesn't work. It appears to reply back nothing after running the command. If I change the sender and recipient to user rather than a group it works fine.

E.g. -sender "joe.bloggs@domain.com" - recipient terry.tester@domain.com

Any ideas?

• Edited by Eli_SP Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:57 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:56 AM