none
Inbound / outbound sync RRS feed

• Question

• We use MIIS.

Inbound / outbound sync only happen if  attribute flow (import /export ) is defined ?

Because I do not see outbound sync of some LDIF MA.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:52 AM

Answers

• With LDIF, you are configuring a text-based MA.  Obviously LDIF is supported.  There is no direct connection per se and the cMA does not communicate with the source in this case.  So you just need to create the LDIF file MA, create the run profiles and configure the ma for export.  In the last step you configure attribute flows specifying the attributes.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:10 PM

All replies

• Not sure what you mean, if you don't have any inbound/outbound sync rules or attribute flows defined then indeed there is not outbound sync.

Need realtime FIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new http://www.imsequencer.com that supports FIM 2010, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD or Powershell real time synchronization!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:50 AM
  • Perhaps you could be a bit more specific about what you're trying to achieve? We only seem to be getting part of the picture here.

MCTS: Forefront Identity Manager 2010, Configuring

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:40 AM
  • Yes, technically, when you are talking about export, you are exporting from the MV to some external system.  So, if you are interested in flowing attributes in LDIF format, you'd need to export as such.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:05 AM
  • Thank you.

I just would like to know what will happen if I define export attribute in LDIF MA.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:43 AM
  • With LDIF, you are configuring a text-based MA.  Obviously LDIF is supported.  There is no direct connection per se and the cMA does not communicate with the source in this case.  So you just need to create the LDIF file MA, create the run profiles and configure the ma for export.  In the last step you configure attribute flows specifying the attributes.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:10 PM