none
SQL Server 2012 - SSRS Integrated Mode Connection to Data Source Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

We have an environment of Project server on single server standalone system. Everything is working fine there except the reports.

We created a SSRS report and deployed successfully it on server. Now the problem is that the report is not opening from Project Web App.

When any user clicks on the report, it shows an error which says:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'DataSource1'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Please suggest..

Thanks

Manish

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What are the settings for the Data source etc. Assume this all works from Business Intelligence Studio when you preview? Do all users get this? Do you specify an account against the data source or does it pass in the logged on users account? For the logged on user to be used successfully you will need to be using Kerberos authentication for the SharePoint Web app and SSRS.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:47 PM
  • Hi Paul

Thank you for your response. I am not sure, what to do exactly so please suggest me, answering your questions:

Data Source is at the same machine.

Yes Reports are view-able in Business Intelligence Studio when preview.

Yes all users are facing this issue including administrator.

I am passing it for Windows Authentication.

I have selected NTLM as the authentication provider while running SharePoint Config Wizard.

Now, are you suggesting me to re-run the config wizard and select Kerberos authentication this time or is there any other way, I can correct this error. Because till now in every installation I used NTLM always and never have faced such problem.

Please suggest me.

Thanks

Manish

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:49 AM
  • Manish,

As Paul said, and as the error message says, there is a problem with the DataSource for the report.

1. If the datasource is embedded in the report (Custom DataSource) check that the connection and the credentials are correct inside the report.

2. If the it is a shared datasource, check that the report is connected to the correct datasource, and double check that the credentials stored in the datasource are correct.

If you are not sure or don't understand how to do this, read this and this.  

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 8:53 AM
  • Hi James

In my case, Datasource is embedded in the report

I have rechecked again and again, connection and credentials are absolutely correct inside the report.

Am not sure now, where to look?

Thanks

Manish

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:00 AM
  • In the past when using SSRS and using Windows Integrated Security (pass the users credentials in) for the data source, NTML hasn't worked due to the "double hop" issue. We normally deploy using Kerberos for the SP Web application and configure SSRS to use Kerberos. This does all depend on what the data source is, we typically have the PSI as one of the data sources to security trim access to Projects etc., this is where we required Kerberos authentication for the SSRS reports to work. If you are only using a SQL DB data source then typically you would specify an account against the data source so that the users running the report don't require direct access to the database.

Do any SSRS reports work on the farm? Is this a new report etc.?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:31 AM